Cloth Nappies v Disposables
The DEFRAUK life cycle analysis of nappies!!
So you often wonder, are reusable cloth nappies better than disposables?? The answer is yes!!
- Reusable nappies produce 25% less CO2 than single-use disposable nappies.
- The environmental impact of production is over 90% lower for a reusable nappy than for a single-use nappy.
- The environmental impact of the disposal of a single-use nappy is 9 times higher than that for a reusable nappy.
- Single use nappies use approximately 98% more resources to produce than reusable alternatives.
- These findings have taken into account the washing and drying of nappies. Reusable nappies are still the best nappy choice for the environment.